FYC Campaign Guidelines
Voting for the Screen Actors Guild Awards® is done in two stages. The first, nominations balloting also known as ‘pre-nom,’ is voted on by two Nominating Committees – one for Motion Pictures and one for Television. These Nominating Committees are newly selected every year and each made up of 2500 randomly selected paid-up and active SAG-AFTRA members who have not served previously in the past 8 years.
The second stage, final voting, begins after nominations are announced. All SAG-AFTRA members who are active and paid-up by the designated dues deadline are eligible to vote in the final round. The number of eligible final voters varies but in the past few years, the count has been around 125,000.
See below for more information on how to reach SAG Awards voters
with FYC opportunities.
|Monday, July 29, 2019||Submissions Open|
|Monday, Aug. 5, 2019||Fall/Winter dates open for holds on Q&A Calendar Portal|
|Monday, Oct. 21, 2019||Submissions Close|
|Thursday, Nov. 14, 2019||Nominations Balloting Opens|
|Sunday, Dec. 8, 2019||Nominations Balloting Closes|
|Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2019||Final Voting Opens|
|Friday, Jan. 17, 2020||Final Voting Closes|
View the full SAG Awards Calendar
There are numerous ways to make your Film and Television projects available to the Nominating Committees for consideration. Please see below for examples and guidelines.
The Awards Office must be contacted to schedule, coordinate and approve any and all communications directed to SAG-AFTRA members regarding submitted performances.
IMPORTANT: When directing anything to the Nominating Committees, including screening invitations, FYC mailer language, specific URLs, RSVP email addresses and affiliations, etc. DO NOT use just SAG – only use SAG Awards Nom Comm or SAG Awards.
Q&As, Screenings & Events
- Both Film and TV Nominating Committees are available to attend Q&As, screenings, and events.
- Any Q&A or special event (premieres/reception) dates in LA and NY must be held and booked on the SAG Awards Q&A Calendar Portal.
- For all official SAG Awards Nom Comm Q&A screenings, the studio or network is responsible for all aspects of the event, including booking the venue/moderator, creating an invitation, managing RSVPs, and check-in.
Learn more HERE
- FILM - DVDs, promotional materials, and in limited cases, digital screeners may be sent to the Motion Picture Nom Comm for consideration.
- TELEVISION - DVDs, streaming opportunities, and other promotional materials may be sent to the TV Nom Comm for consideration.
Learn more HERE
- Physical mailings (DVDs, postcards, booklets, invitations, etc.) sent to Nominating Committee members for consideration must be mailed through our Union Mailing House.
- All art and packaging require SAG Awards approval. Please send to the Awards Office for review prior to any printing and duplication.
Learn more HERE
Other Ways To Reach Our Membership
- Any advertising directed to members must be approved by the Awards Office. Please note, all screening ads should indicate they are for SAG Awards Nom Comm.
- SAG-AFTRA’s quarterly magazine is mailed to all members in good standing and industry subscribers. For Your Consideration ads will be accepted for inclusion in the publication. To place an ad, please contact Yanelis Garcia at (323) 549-2969 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any questions please contact the Awards Office.
Phone: (323) 549-6707