Advanced approval is required on ALL MAILINGS AND EMAIL BLASTS including invitations, screening schedules, promotional materials, DVDs, etc.
DO NOT PRINT OR DELIVER MATERIALS
TO MAILING HOUSE WITHOUT PRIOR APPROVAL!
Total Count for Mailings: 2,600 (allows for replacements)
Each Nominating Committee has 2,500 members.
Mailer Guidelines & Restrictions
- All mailings MUST include “Paid For” language below:
- NOT PAID FOR BY SAG-AFTRA – or – PAID FOR BY [STUDIO/COMPANY]
- Any reference to the Nominating Committee must be referred to as the “SAG Awards Nominating Committee” or “SAG Awards Nom Comm”. Do not use just “SAG” or “SAG Nom Comm”.
Size and Specifications
- Plain envelopes only (no return address) required for all mailings.
- Mailers cannot exceed 10” x 10” x 5”, not including approved envelope or packaging.
- Mailers can be any shape and include images, logos, etc.
- NEW FOR 2019: LCD mailers, including those with sizzle reels or trailers, are not permitted. You may still provide approved supplemental content to the Nom Comm but that content can only be sent in the same mailer as the film/TV program for consideration.
The SAG Awards strives to be as green as possible, with this in mind, please consider keeping your promotional mailers eco-friendly and minimal.
- Whenever possible, official SAG Awards categories should be used on FYC materials.
- If necessary, categories can be truncated by removing “performance by a”. See examples below:
- Outstanding Cast in a Motion Picture
- Outstanding Female Actor in a Leading Role
- Outstanding Male Actor in a Comedy Series
Quotes and Laurels
- Only reviewer’s quotes from legitimate, recognized news organizations regarding submitted performances may be included in FYC materials. Quotes must not include negative or disparaging remarks about any actor, film, television or new media program. All quotes must be approved by SAG Awards.
- Laurels are permitted to include in FYC materials.
Screening Invitations and Schedules
All screening invitations or schedules mailed via US Post must be delivered to the Union mailing house no less than 7 days prior to the first scheduled event listed. Otherwise, the invitation must be sent via E-Blast.
Union Mailing Houses
All mailings to Nominating Committee members MUST go through our Union mailing house. Payment for postage/handling should be worked out in advance of mailing and must be paid prior to your mailing going out.
- Los Angeles Area and Nationwide Mailings, please contact Donna Gomez at West Coast Mailers (firstname.lastname@example.org or (323) 773-5391).
- New York Mailings, you may use West Coast Mailers or contact our NY mailing house, Gayle Martinez at Century Direct (email@example.com or (212) 763-0627).
Each physical mailing requires a $500 fee (in addition to any immediate postage and handling fees from the mailing house). These fees will be invoiced in February when all mailings have gone out.