E-Blast & Screening Invitation Guide
Advanced approval is required on ALL MAILINGS AND EMAIL BLASTS
E-Blasts are available for event or screening invitations ONLY. We do not allow general FYC emails or blasts with links to streaming content.
Groups Available to E-Blast
- Nominating Committees: Both the Motion Picture and Television Nominating Committees are available to E-Blast for screenings.
- SAG Awards RSVP Group: The SAG Awards has an email database of general members for screening invitations (also known as our “wide” list). You may invite these members to fill Nom Comm screenings (if needed) or other industry screenings.
Companies requesting to invite both Nominating Committee members and the SAG Awards RSVP screening group to events must first invite the Nominating Committee. Invitations may not be emailed to both groups simultaneously.
Nominating Committee and SAG Awards RSVP groups can also be invited to straight screenings (without Q&As), through E-Blasts or mailed screening schedules. These dates do not need to be held on the SAG Awards calendar.
- E-Blast requests require at least 24-hour advance notice.
- E-Blast invitations for booked dates must be sent 7-10 days prior to the event.
- E-Blasts are limited to 5 screenings per invitation.
- Screening schedules with 6 or more screenings must be mailed via US Post by our Union Mailing House. See Mailings section for more information.
- Invitations must be submitted as a Word .doc. PDFs will not be accepted.
- Up to 2 images or graphics may be included on each blast. We suggest title treatment or a one-sheet.
- Images must be .png and between 700 and 1000 pixels wide.
- Up to 2 reviewer’s quotes may be included.
- Runtime must be included.
- All E-Blasts must include “Paid For” text below:
- NOT PAID FOR BY SAG-AFTRA – or – PAID FOR BY [STUDIO/COMPANY]
- All E-Blasts must include arrival text below:
- PLEASE ARRIVE AT LEAST 45 MINUTES EARLY. SCREENINGS ARE OVERBOOKED TO COMPENSATE FOR NO-SHOWS. RSVPS DO NOT GUARANTEE SEATING. BRING YOUR SAG AWARDS NOM COMM CARD (or SAG-AFTRA ID CARD if not a Nom Comm screening) AND A PHOTO ID FOR ADMISSION.
- Any reference to the Nominating Committee must be referred to as the “SAG Awards Nominating Committee” or “SAG Awards Nom Comm”. Please do not use just “SAG” or “SAG Nom Comm”.
- To avoid confusion, please do not refer to Q&A’s as “Conversations” unless in association with the SAG-AFTRA Foundation.
- For any RSVP emails created specifically for our group, please do not use the term “SAG”. You may use “SAG Awards” or “SAG Awards Nom Comm”.
- Example: TitleSAGAwards@studio.com.
- Similarly, when noting Nom Comm affiliation in RSVP webforms (drop-down menu, etc.), please use “SAG Awards” or “SAG Awards Nom Comm”.
- We suggest having 2 RSVP affiliation options - SAG Awards Nom Comm and SAG-AFTRA to differentiate between the Nom Comm and general SAG-AFTRA members attending screenings.
Confirmations, & Cancellations
- Invitations must include a contact email or phone number for members to cancel their RSVP if the need arises.
- Confirmations for RSVPs must be sent to members via email prior to the event.
- Any members who RSVP after an event is filled must be notified that they are not confirmed to attend.
- There is a $500 E-Blast fee per event.
- Additionally, there is a $100 fee per subsequent email for each event. This can include a reminder email to the Nom Comm as well as emails sent to the general membership to fill a Nom Comm screening.
- These fees will be invoiced in early February once Awards season concludes.