The below is meant to serve as a guide. Please refer to our complete Rules and Regulations for details.
Motion pictures must be scripted, feature-length (over 60 minutes in running time), and first exhibited during the eligibility period of March 1 - December 31, 2021.
- Due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic, films are not required to have a theatrical release to qualify in the Motion Pictures category.
- Additionally, films with an intended theatrical release, which are commercially streamed or made available on VOD during the eligibility period, may be eligible.
- Short films (60 minutes or less in running time) and documentaries are not eligible.
- Films need not be in English.
- Films shot completely outside of the US with an entirely foreign cast may be eligible.
Television and cable programs must have first aired in the United States in primetime (between 8pm -11pm Monday through Saturday and 7pm - 11pm Sunday) and in the case of new media programs must have first been exhibited on a recognized new media platform in the United States and share the traditional primetime format relevant to all programs eligible for nomination. Eligible programs must be broadcast or streamed during eligibility period of March 1 - December 31, 2021.
- A 30-minute scripted program with an ongoing theme and storyline in a minimum of 4 continuous episodes and marketed as a comedy series.
- In order for a sketch comedy program to be considered, content must be 100% scripted with recurring characters appearing in sketches within the eligible season.
- Variety programs with musical performances or unscripted interviews are not eligible.
- A 60-minute scripted program with an ongoing theme and storyline in a minimum of 4 continuous episodes.
- A scripted, single closed-end program, which tells a story with a beginning, middle, and end, with a minimum duration of primarily 90 minutes and marketed as a television movie.
- Any television movie or limited series previously submitted as a motion picture is not eligible.
- A scripted, multi-part program with 2 or more episodes. a total running time of at least 150 program minutes, and marketed as a limited series. It tells a complete story and does not have continuing storylines and/or main characters in subsequent seasons.
- NEW: Anthology Series that tell a complete, non-recurring story in each episode or installment also qualify in this category.
- Series with 3 or fewer installments during the eligibility period (March 1 - Dec. 31, 2021) may be considered in the Limited Series category.
Television programs need not be in English. Television productions filmed completely outside the US with an entirely foreign cast may be eligible.
MOTION PICTURE CAST AND TELEVISION ENSEMBLE
- Single-card main title billing
Comedy and Drama Television Ensemble Inclusion
- Must meet one of the below requirements for inclusion:
- Have a series regular contract and appear in a predetermined minimum number of original episodes airing during the eligibility period (March 1 - Dec. 31, 2021). See grid below for required minimums.
- Have guest star billing and appear in a majority (51%) of original episodes (i.e. 6/10, 7/13, 12/22) airing during the eligibility period (March 1 - Dec. 31, 2021).
- Actors with co-star billing are not eligible for inclusion.
- NEW: In cases of undefined billing in foreign productions where series regular, guest star, and co-star designations are not made, performers must appear in a majority (51%) of original episodes aired in the eligibility period (March 1 - Dec. 31, 2021) for inclusion in the ensemble.
*All eligible actors must be included.
Series Regular Eligibility Grid
Episodes Aired during
|14 - 16||6|
|17 - 18||7|
|22 - 23||9|
There are no minimum episode count requirements when submitting in an individual television category (Male or Female Actor in a Drama/Comedy/Limited Series).
STUNT ENSEMBLE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Stunt Ensemble Motion Picture Inclusion
- For an individual stunt player to be eligible, that player must have worked under a stunt contract on the nominated motion picture.
Stunt Ensemble in a Television Series Inclusion
- For an individual stunt player to be eligible, that player must have worked under a stunt contract in 3 or more episodes on the nominated series during the eligibility period (March 1 - Dec. 31, 2021).