The below is meant to serve as a guide. Please refer to our complete Rules and Regulations for details.
Motion pictures must be scripted, feature-length (over 60 minutes in running time), and first exhibited during the eligibility period of January 1, 2020 - February 28, 2021.
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, films are not required to have a theatrical release during the eligibility period to qualify in the Motion Pictures category.
- Additionally, films with a planned theatrical release, which are streamed or made available on VOD prior to a theatrical release in the eligibility period may qualify.
- Short films (60 minutes or less in running time) and documentaries are not eligible.
- Films need not be in English.
- Films shot completely outside of the US with an entirely foreign cast may be eligible.
Television and cable programs must have first aired in the United States in primetime (between 8pm -11pm Monday through Saturday and 7pm - 11pm Sunday) and in the case of new media programs must have first been exhibited on a recognized new media platform in the United States and share the traditional primetime format relevant to all programs eligible for nomination. Eligible programs must be broadcast or streamed during eligibility period of January 1, 2020 - February 28, 2021.
- A 30-minute scripted comedy series format with an ongoing theme and storyline in a minimum of 4 continuous episodes.
- In order for a sketch comedy program to be considered, content must be 100% scripted with recurring characters appearing in sketches within the eligible season.
- A 60-minute scripted drama series format with an ongoing theme and storyline in a minimum of 4 continuous episodes.
- A scripted single closed-end program which tells a story with a beginning, middle and end, with a minimum duration of primarily 90 minutes.
- A scripted, single title, multi-part closed-end program based on a single theme or storyline which is resolved within the piece in two or more installments, with a minimum duration of primarily 150 minutes.
- Series with four or fewer installments during the eligibility period (1/1/2020 - 2/28/2021) may be considered in the Limited Series category. Any television movie or limited series previously submitted as a motion picture is not eligible.
- Single-card main title billing
Comedy and Drama Television Ensemble Inclusion
- Must meet one of the below requirements for inclusion:
- Have a series regular contract and appear in a predetermined minimum number of original episodes airing during the eligibility period (1/1/2020 - 2/28/2021). See grid below for required minimums.
- Have guest star billing and appear in a majority (51%) of original episodes (i.e. 6/10, 7/13, 12/22) airing during the eligibility period (1/1/2020 - 2/28/2021).
*All eligible actors must be included.
Series Regular Eligibility Grid
Episodes Aired during
|14 - 16||6|
|17 - 18||7|
|22 - 23||9|
There are no minimum episode count requirements when submitting in an individual television category (Male or Female Actor in a Drama/Comedy/Limited Series).
STUNT ENSEMBLE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Stunt Ensemble Motion Picture Inclusion
- For an individual stunt player to be eligible, that player must have worked under a stunt contract on the nominated motion picture.
Stunt Ensemble in a Comedy or Drama Series Inclusion
- For an individual stunt player to be eligible, that player must have worked under a stunt contract in three (3) or more episodes on the nominated series during the eligibility period (1/1/2020 - 2/28/2021).