FYC Campaign Guidelines
Voting for the Screen Actors Guild Awards® is done in two stages. The first, nominations balloting also known as ‘pre-nom,’ is voted on by two Nominating Committees – one for Motion Pictures and one for Television. These Nominating Committees are newly selected every year and each made up of 2500 randomly selected paid-up and active SAG-AFTRA members who have not served previously in the past 8 years.
The second stage, final voting, begins after nominations are announced. All SAG-AFTRA members who are active and paid-up by the designated dues deadline are eligible to vote in the final round. The number of eligible final voters varies but in the past few years, the count has been around 125,000.
In light of the COVID-19 global pandemic and the unprecedented and extraordinary circumstances we find ourselves in, Rules and Regulations are subject to change and SAG Awards reserves the right to make adjustments as necessary.
See below for more information on how to reach SAG Awards voters
with FYC opportunities.
|Eligibility Period: January 1, 2020 - February 28, 2021|
|Monday, July 20, 2020||Summer Dates open for holds on Q&A Calendar Portal|
|Monday, Sept. 21, 2020||Submissions Open|
|Thursday, Oct. 1, 2020||Fall/Winter Dates open for holds on Q&A Calendar Portal|
|Friday, Nov. 20, 2020||Submissions Close|
|Monday, Jan. 11, 2021||Nominations Balloting Opens|
|Monday, Feb. 1, 2021||Nominations Balloting Closes|
|Thursday, Feb. 4, 2021||Nominations announced at 8am PT|
|Tuesday, Feb. 16, 2021||Final Voting Opens|
|Tuesday, March 30, 2021||Final Voting Closes at 12pm PT|
|Sunday, April 4, 2021||27th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards on TNT & TBS|
View the full SAG Awards Calendar
The Awards Office must be contacted to schedule, coordinate, and approve any and all communications directed to SAG-AFTRA members regarding submitted performances.
IMPORTANT: When directing anything to the Nominating Committees, including event invitations, FYC mailer language, specific URLs, RSVP email addresses, affiliations, etc. DO NOT use just SAG – only use SAG Awards Nom Comm or SAG Awards.
DVDs & Digital Screeners - Learn more HERE
- Digital screeners may be provided to the Nominating Committees for consideration.
- All digital screening platforms and streaming sites require SAG Awards approval.
- DVDs may still be provided to the Nominating Committees for consideration.
- All titles must have closed captioning. We also encourage audio descriptions whenever possible.
Virtual Q&As & Events - Learn more HERE
- The SAG Awards will determine and announce if and when in-person events are safe for Nominating Committee members to attend. Until that time, all events must be virtual.
- Virtual Q&As and events for the Film or TV Nominating Committees will be held nationally, with a limit of 4 per title.
- Any virtual Q&A or events for Nom Comm members must be held and booked on the SAG Awards Q&A Calendar Portal.
E-Blasts - Learn more HERE
Email blasts to Nominating Committee members will be limited to the following per title:
- 1 Digital Screener/Screening Site Notification
- 4 Live Event Invitations (with 1 reminder blast allowed per event).
- 2 FYC Extras Blasts (extras can be pre-recorded panels, interviews, featurettes, BTS, etc.)
- E-Blasts must be approved and sent by the Awards Office.
Mailings - Learn more HERE
- A maximum of 2 physical mailings per title may be sent to Nominating Committee members through our Union mailing house. This includes DVDs, postcards, booklets, invitations, promotional materials etc.
- All art and packaging requires SAG Awards approval. Please send to the Awards Office for review prior to any printing and duplication.
Additional FYC Links - Learn more HERE
- We will post links to trailers, featurettes, behind-the-scenes content, interviews, and pre-recorded panels on our password protected Nom Comm member site.
- All FYC content linked must be performance focused.
Any advertising directed to members must be approved by the Awards Office. Please note, all screening ads should indicate they are for SAG Awards Nom Comm.
SAG-AFTRA’s quarterly magazine is mailed to all members in good standing and industry subscribers. For Your Consideration ads will be accepted for inclusion in the publication. To place an ad, please contact Kiley Cristiano at (323) 549-2969 or email@example.com.
For any questions please contact the Awards Office.
Phone: (323) 549-6707