**WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND BOOKMARKING THIS PAGE AND CHECK BACK REGULARLY AS INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE**
28TH ANNUAL SCREEN ACTORS GUILD AWARDS® COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
UPDATED AS OF FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2022
The 28th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® endeavors to make this event as safe as possible. The health and well-being of our nominees, guests, staff, and crew is our number one priority. We are working closely with COVID experts to ensure a safe ceremony and are in compliance with local government and guilds’ COVID-19 protocols. This includes limiting capacity, social distancing, and strict enforcement of the COVID-19 safety requirements set forth below. Additionally, out of an abundance of caution, the Post-Awards Gala will no longer be taking place following the ceremony.
We are continuing to monitor the evolving situation around the Omicron variant and will adjust our plans and health protocols as necessary. This policy may be subject to change based on guidance from health and safety officials or changes in state or local safety mandates. While we are enacting all precautions that are practical for a live televised awards show, attendance at this event will not be 100% without risk. If you are not comfortable with this limited risk, we advise that you do not attend the event.
The SAG Awards will be subject to public health authorities’ guidelines and recommendations, as well as any venue and/or COVID-19 production restrictions. All attendees including credentialed media and publicists, ticketed guests, talent, production crew and staff must agree to comply with all COVID-19 Related Restrictions.
ALL TICKETED ATTENDEES WILL BE REQUIRED TO SHOW PROOF OF VACCINATION PLUS BOOSTER SHOT (IF ELIGIBLE), PROOF OF NEGATIVE LAB-BASED COVID-19 PCR TEST WITHIN 48 HOURS OF EVENT, AND NEGATIVE ANTIGEN (RAPID) TEST THE DAY OF THE EVENT.
We encourage you to review the following COVID-19 protocols fully and completely to ensure you have a thorough understanding of the requirements, guidelines and restrictions. As you make plans for the SAG Awards, please bookmark this page and check back often as this will be regularly updated with the latest health safety protocols.
COVID-19 SAFETY REQUIREMENTS
To protect the health and safety of ALL ticketed attendees, there is a COVID-19 safety protocol that must be strictly followed during the production of the 28th Screen Actors Guild Awards. Failure to comply would result in denial or termination of your access within the premises.
- Submission of PROOF OF COVID-19 VACCINATION and BOOSTER SHOT (if eligible)
- Submission of NEGATIVE LAB-BASED COVID-19 PCR TEST, or Lucira/CUE Health COVID 19 test* (UPDATED 2/18) within 48-hours of individual's first appearance on-site
- Completion of a NEGATIVE ANTIGEN (RAPID) TEST the day of the event. Rapid testing will be provided for all ticketed attendees upon arrival at the Barker Hangar. Testing will take approximately 15 minutes and be administered while the attendee stays in their vehicle. Please allow extra time for this when planning your arrival.
- Completion of an on-site health screening by Axiom Medical
- Wear appropriate face coverings (KN95 or KF94 masks) at all times (see ‘Masks’ for exemptions)
*In order for Axiom to review and approve a result from the Lucira or the CUE Health home tests, you must use the test technology which provides a verified test result, on your phone. It must include your name, date of birth or another personal identifier, test type, collection date, and result. (UPDATED 2/18)
PROOF OF VACCINATION + BOOSTER SHOT & NEGATIVE TESTING
The SAG Awards has partnered with Axiom Medical to verify COVID-19 vaccination cards and testing results for all in-person attendees (credentialed media and publicists, ticketed guests, talent, production crew and staff), and will be issuing instructions on how to upload and submit COVID-19 vaccination cards and testing results.
We require all attendees be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine plus a booster, if eligible. You will also need to submit a negative lab-based COVID-19 PCR TEST within 48-hours of the individual's first appearance on-site. Additionally, completion of a negative antigen (rapid) test the day of the event will be required for ticketed attendees.
Currently, fully vaccinated is defined as:
- 14 days after an individual's second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna vaccines.
- 14 days after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine, or following the protocol for other WHO-approved international vaccines
In addition to being fully vaccinated, COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters administered before the event are required for all in-person attendees who are eligible. For more information about COVID-19 vaccine boosters, please review the CDC guidelines HERE.
We strongly urge all who are eligible to receive the booster now prior to attending the SAG Awards, and note the following:
- If you have recently had a COVID-19 breakthrough infection and are 16+, it's recommended that you get your COVID booster as soon as your symptoms have resolved and you've met the criteria to end your isolation — and if the recommended time has elapsed since your primary series of either Pfizer-BioNTech (5 months), Moderna (5 months) or J&J (2 months).
All in-person attendees are required to wear masks at all times to help protect themselves from the spread of COVID-19. Since mask filtration quality is so important in preventing Omicron’s significantly higher rate of transmission versus other variants, we require all attendees wear KN95 or KF94 masks for the entirety of the event. This will be especially significant anytime attendees are indoors.
- RED CARPET / MEDIA CENTER:
- TALENT: Nominees, Presenters, and any individuals participating in Red Carpet / Media Center press opportunities are allowed to remove masks for anything on camera, still or video. Masks must be placed back on following the completion of the press opportunities.
- MEDIA: On-camera talent are permitted to remove their mask while on camera but are required to put their mask back on between on camera segments.
- SHOWROOM: Ticketed attendees may remove masks during the live broadcast of the SAG Awards when on camera. Masks must be placed back on during commercial breaks.
- EATING / DRINKING: Masks also are allowed to be removed while actively eating and/or drinking. Masks must be worn whenever guests leave their table.
ON-SITE COVID-19 GUIDELINES
For the health and safety of all 28th SAG Awards attendees, please follow the below COVID-19 guidelines. COVID Compliance Officers will be present during the production of the SAG Awards to monitor occupancy, social distancing and other COVID-19 related requirements outlined on this page.
Note our production staff will undergo daily health screenings, including testing, by Axiom Medical for every individual, every day that they are on-site within the SAG Awards campus at The Barker Hangar.
- Any attendee who is not feeling well, is experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or who has had a COVID-19 exposure within five days prior to the show MUST stay home.
- All in-person attendees are required to wear masks at all times to help protect themselves from the spread of COVID-19. See ‘Masks’ section above for exceptions.
- When possible, sanitize and/or wash your hands frequently. Hand sanitizer stations will be available in all areas within the SAG Awards campus.
- Cover your mouth when sneezing or coughing.
- When possible, practice social distancing from other attendees.
- Social distancing should be maintained between the production crew and talent at all times
- On-camera talent are permitted to remove their mask while on-camera but are required to put their mask back on between on-camera segments. Furthermore, when face masks are not being worn, please keep interviews as brief as possible.
- All media must be socially distanced from the Talent being interviewed.
- High-touch surfaces including handheld microphones should be cleaned and disinfected prior to and following each use.
- When possible, Talent being interviewed should be provided with their own microphone.