Submissions for the 23rd Annual SAG Awards are now open!
Submitting for the SAG Awards
Submissions are accepted for performers in motion pictures and primetime television, cable and new media-originated programs which follow the format of traditional series, moves and limited series. All submissions must satisfy our eligibility criteria.
The SAG Awards categorizes performances by individuals and casts/ensembles. The eligibility period is calendar year 2016. Submissions close Monday, October 24, 2016 at 5pm.
We are again recognizing stunt performers. These honors commend work within the stunt community and include both stunt performers and coordinators in film and series programming. The recipients will be announced from the red carpet just prior to the SAG Awards telecast Sunday, January 29, 2017.
Who Can Submit
With the actor’s permission, producers, studios/networks, agents, managers, or publicists may submit performances for consideration in the category designated by the actor. Actors may of course submit their own performances.
How to Submit
Submissions are once again 100% paperless. We are proud recipients of the Environmental Media Association Green Seal Award for Sustainable Practices six years running. In order to continue our commitment to the environment, we are accepting submissions only online.
Due to a recent browser update, this site may have issues in Google Chrome, especially for payment. For optimal performance, please use Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
Be sure that all spelling, contact information company/distribution information is correct. Please also confirm the awards category in which you are submitting. Information listed on your submission will be used by the SAG Awards for balloting and nominations.
Submissions will be accepted through Monday, October 24th, 5pm PT. Nominations will be announced Wednesday, December 14th. See our complete SAG Awards calendar.
Cast/Ensemble: $1,200/each for up to 15 actors per entry*
*Ensembles and Casts with more than 15 actors will be charged an additional $100 per performer above the 15 actor threshold.
Submissions are payable by check made out to Screen Actors Guild Awards or credit card (via Secure online payment method).
- Individuals - Still from the film, with only the submitted actor pictured.
- Cast - One Sheet/Key Art (without advertising, laurels, quotes, etc.).
Television, Cable and New Media
- Individuals - Gallery photo or in-character portrait of submitted actor.
- Ensembles - Gallery cast photo and Title Art/Logo (without advertising).
See all cast and ensemble requirements in our Rules and Regulations.
- Motion Picture Cast: One DVD of the completed project.
- Comedy and Drama Series Ensembles: Legal credits for each eligible episode in the calendar year.
- TV Movie/Miniseries: One DVD of the completed project (if submitting multiple individuals for the same TV Movie/Miniseries, only one DVD is required).
In the event that a DVD is unavailable before the submission deadline, you may provide legal credits to email@example.com in the interim. A DVD screener must be provided to the Awards Office no later than December 30th.
Please note, DVDs are NOT required for individual or stunt submissions in Motion Picture, Drama or Comedy categories.
In order to complete your submission we must receive the following in addition to your online form:
- Payment in the form of check or credit card (via secure online transaction)
- A photo to represent the actor, cast or ensemble, which can be uploaded to your submissions application – or – an FTP/photo download site where the Awards Office can access approved photos. Photo requirements found above.
- A DVD screener/credits are required for the following:
- Motion Picture Cast: One DVD
- Drama and Comedy Series Ensembles: Legal credits for each eligible episode in the calendar year.
- Male or Female Actor in a TV Movie or Limited Series: One DVD
Again, DVDs are NOT required for individual or stunt submissions in Motion Picture, Drama or Comedy categories.
Please send DVD and/or payment (if not paying by credit card) to:
5757 Wilshire Blvd., 7th Fl
Los Angeles, CA 90036
We will contact you with any questions regarding your submission. You will receive confirmation once your submission has been processed and accepted by Awards staff.
Screen Actors Guild Awards Office
(323) 549-6707 Phone
(323) 549-6706 Fax