Heath Ledger Signed Poster, Set Visits to Five Various TV Shows, James Earl Jones Signed Memorabilia Now Available to the Public
Third and final SAG Awards® Online Auction to Benefit the SAG Foundation will be Open for Bids until February 2.
Los Angeles, Jan. 23, 09 - The last installment of the Screen Actors Guild Awards® ninth annual online auction to benefit the SAG Foundation starts Friday, Jan. 23, 2009 and closes Monday, Feb. 2. The auction offers a variety of exciting items and experiences in celebration of this year’s SAG Awards®-nominated films and television series. Among the collectibles are a Slumdog Millionaire poster autographed by the nominated cast, an advertising one-sheet from Brokeback Mountain signed by Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams, behind-the-scenes set visits for five different television shows including Mad Men and Dexter, a Darth Vader helmet signed by this year’s SAG Life Achievement Recipient James Earl Jones, a The Curious Case of Benjamin Button book set, memorabilia from the Milk premiere and an exclusive 15th Annual SAG Awards® tote bag signed by this year’s Actor® recipients.
The Screen Actors Guild Foundation receives 100% of the proceeds from the SAG Awards Auction. The Foundation provides a meaningful way for SAG members to contribute to the literacy of children in their communities through BookPALS (Performing Artists for Literacy in Schools); its online component, Storyline; and the We The Children family-heritage book-writing project. SAG Foundation programs provide emergency relief to members in economic distress, video and audio preservation of the creative legacy of SAG members, scholarships for performers and their children and emergency funds for members with catastrophic illnesses. (For details, visit www.sagfoundation.org and www.bookpals.net.)
The Ceremony Auction Includes:
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button coffee table book
- The Curious Case of Benjamin Button costume designer portfolio
- Boston Legal complete boxed sets (seasons 1-4) and SAG Awards® tote bag and hat
- Brokeback Mountain poster autographed by Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams
- Dexter gift bag
- Dinner with Shelley Fabares (Coach) and Mike Farrell (M*A*S*H)
- E! gift bag and set visit
- Entertainment Tonight / CBS Studios set visit
- Extra set visit with meet and greet with Mario Lopez and gift bag
- Getty Studios private photo shoot
- HBO SAG Awards® tote bag with Entourage seasons 1-4 DVD’s and autographed poster
- House signed 15th SAG Awards® tote bag
- James Earl Jones signed Darth Vader voice-changing helmet
- James Earl Jones autographed autobiography, framed picture and tote bag
- James Earl Jones autographed Field of Dreams movie poster
- James Earl Jones autographed Star Wars poster
- JoBeth Williams (Poltergeist) autographed red-carpet dress
- Mad Men set visit and behind-the-scenes meet and greet
- Milk memorabilia – 2 pillows, book, shirt
- Milk memorabilia – 1 book, 2 shirts
- Milk memorabilia – 1 book, 1 shirt
- Shelley Fabares signed posters her co-starring roles with Elvis: Clambake, Spinout and Girl Happy
- Shelley Fabares records (Johnny Angel and Johnny Loves Me) and headshot
- Showtime gift bag including United States of Tara and men’s medium t-shirt
- Silver Gallery Frame with a photo of your favorite star from the 15th SAG Awards®
- Slumdog Millionaire signed poster
- TNT gift bag with cast signatures, The Closer seasons 1-3 on DVD, t-shirt and water bottle hoder
- Tony Denison clothing including black tuxedo, Walker: Texas Ranger banner, autographed hats
- Tote bag signed by the 15th SAG Awards® production staff
- Weeds gift bag with DVD and men’s medium t-shirt
The 15th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards will be simulcast live nationally on TNT and TBS on Sunday, Jan. 25, 2009 at 8 p.m. ET/PT, 7 p.m. CT and 6 p.m. MT from the Los Angeles Shrine Exposition Center. An encore presentation will air on TNT at 11 p.m. (ET/PT). For satellite and HD viewers, the live presentation can be seen on TBS and TNT at 8 p.m. (ET)/5 p.m. (PT), while the encore can be seen on TNT at 11 p.m. (ET)/8 p.m. (PT).
The Screen Actors Guild Awards Auction to benefit the SAG Foundation is hosted by eBay Giving Works and managed by Screen Actors Guild Awards.
The 15th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards will be produced by Jeff Margolis Productions in association with Screen Actors Guild Awards®, LLC. Jeff Margolis is the executive producer and director. Kathy Connell is the producer. JoBeth Williams, Daryl Anderson, Shelley Fabares, Paul Napier and Yale Summers are producers for SAG. Gloria Fujita O’Brien and Mick McCullough are supervising producers. Benn Fleishman is executive in charge of production. More information is available online at www.sagawards.org.
Screen Actors Guild is the nation’s largest labor union representing working actors. Established in 1933, SAG has a rich history in the American labor movement, from standing up to studios to break long-term engagement contracts in the 1940s to fighting for artists’ rights amid the digital revolution sweeping the entertainment industry in the 21st century. With 20 branches nationwide, SAG represents more than 120,000 actors who work in film, television, industrials, commercials, video games, music videos and all other new media formats. The Guild exists to enhance actors’ working conditions, compensation and benefits and to be a powerful, unified voice on behalf of artists’ rights. SAG is a proud affiliate of the AFL-CIO. More information is available online at www.sag.org.
TBS, a division of Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., is television’s top-rated comedy network. It serves as home to such original comedy series as My Boys, The Bill Engvall Show, Tyler Perry’s House of Payne and Meet the Browns; original late-night series like 10 Items or Less; hot contemporary comedies like The Office, My Name is Earl, Sex and the City, Everybody Loves Raymond, Family Guy, King of Queens, Seinfeld and Friends; specials like Funniest Commercials of the Year; special events, such as TBS Presents A “Very Funny” Festival: The Comedy Festival in Las Vegas and Just For Laughs: A “Very Funny” Festival in Chicago; blockbuster movies; and hosted movie showcases.
Turner Network Television (TNT), one of cable’s top-rated networks, is television’s destination for drama and home to such original series as the acclaimed and highly popular detective drama The Closer, starring Kyra Sedgwick; Saving Grace, starring Holly Hunter; Raising the Bar, with Mark-Paul Gosselaar, Gloria Reuben and Jane Kaczmarek; Leverage, starring Timothy Hutton; and Trust Me, with Eric McCormack and Tom Cavanagh. TNT also presents such powerful dramas as Bones, Cold Case, Law & Order, Without a Trace, ER and Charmed; broadcast premiere movies; compelling primetime specials, such as the Screen Actors Guild Awards; and championship sports coverage, including NASCAR and the NBA. TNT is available in high-definition.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.